The Institute for Clinical Research Education
The Institute for Clinical Research Education (ICRE) is the home for the University of Pittsburgh's premier clinical and translational research training programs as well as the home for the Research Education and Career Development Core of the Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI).
The ICRE's primary objectives are to develop, nurture, and support a cadre of clinical and translational scientists by building on the University of Pittsburgh's existing clinical research training programs to establish a comprehensive program with activities ranging from early research exposure for high school students to programs for faculty. We offer degrees in clinical and translational science as well as medical education. We also have numerous career development programs for trainees across the pipeline.
News and Information about Programs
- We are delighted to share our 2015 Annual Report!
- Dr. Wishwa Kapoor gives engaging talk on shortage of physician-scientists, click here to read more.
Recent Grant Opportunities
NIH Grants Extramural Loan Repayment Programs
- Application Deadline for Extramural Loan Repayment Programs is Monday, November 16, at 8 p.m.
- Extramural Loan Repayment Program for Clinical Researchers (LRP-CR).
- Extramural Loan Repayment Program for Pediatric Research (LRP-PR).
- Extramural Loan Repayment Program for Health Disparities Research (LRP-HDR).
- Extramural Loan Repayment Program for Contraception and Infertility Research (LRP-CIR).
- Extramural Clinical Research Loan Repayment Program for Clinical Researchers from Disadvantaged Backgrounds (LRP-IDB).
- Doris Duke Clinical Scientist Development Award Available for Junior Physician-Scientists
For more grant opportunities please see the grant opportunities page.
What's your stage in
the "career pipeline"?
No events for the next 30 days.
"I'm always using things that I've learned in class one way or another. Whether I'm reviewing a journal article, teaching at the bedside, or reviewing goals and objectives for our fellowship, being a part of the program has taught me a great deal and has afforded me many opportunities. It's not uncommon for me to refer back to the material from various classes to help me with a specific issue. "