Professional Mentoring Skills Enhancing Diversity (PROMISED)
Build your leadership skills through the Professional Mentoring Skills Enhancing Diversity (PROMISED) program. PROMISED training will expand your career coaching, leadership, and mentoring skills to help you more effectively mentor scientists who belong to underrepresented groups, as defined by the National Institutes of Health.
PROMISED offers an innovative, no-cost program that combines:
- Two-day career coach training in Pittsburgh for mentors passionate about helping mentees drive their careers forward
- A series of one-month, online training modules, focused on helping mentors develop a range of critical leadership skills
"Very energizing and insightful experience shared with professionals of diverse backgrounds. Thanks to PROMISED, NMRN, the organizers, presenters, and participants for a wonderful start/kick-off!"
Benefits of Participating
- CME or CEU credit is provided for the career coaching and online modules
- Fellows, those who complete both components of the program, earn a Certificate in Leadership
- Recognition as National Research Mentoring Network (NRMN) Fellow
- Gain leadership and career coaching skills
- Be a better mentor
Who Should Apply?
If you are a mentor at the late assistant professor (at least 5 years in rank or equivalent) or above, PROMISED is designed for you.
PROMISED is sponsored by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and funded by the National Research Mentoring Network (NRMN). NRMN is a nationwide consortium of health science professionals and institutions collaborating to provide students and scientists across all career stages of health sciences research with enhanced networking, professional development, research resources, and mentorship experiences.