We are committed to providing excellent opportunities for our trainees and to keeping them informed about funding for clinical and translational research. Below is a list of resources that might be of interest. For help in developing a competitive grant application, please contact us.
- Medical and Academic Partnerships (MAP) Awards
Fellowship awards are for up to $100,000.
Pfizer Inc. sponsors fellowships in various research and clinical areas. These awards are nationally competitive and are chosen by an independent academic advisory board of recognized leaders in various fields. Fellowship awards are for up to $100,000 and are meant to be used as a salary supplement. The MAP Fellowships are intended to contribute to the career development of nurses, pharmacists, or physicians who have completed their postdoctoral training and have elected to specialize as clinicians or academicians in the research or clinical areas described on the MAP Web site. Interested applicants must contact the Office of Research for the Health Sciences.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Awards
For information about the AHRQ Mentored Clinical Scientist Development Award (K08) (PAR-07-443), click here.
For information about the AHRQ Independent Scientist Award (K02) (PAR-07-444), click here.
For information about the AHRQ Individual Awards for Postdoctoral Fellows (F32) (PAR-06-409), click here.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Director's Awards for Creative Scientists
The NIH Director's Pioneer Award and the NIH Director's New Innovator Award support exceptionally creative scientists who work in a wide range of fields, including the behavioral and social sciences, and who propose highly innovative approaches to major challenges in biomedical or behavioral research. The programs are part of the NIH Roadmap for Medical Research initiative to nurture bold or even unconventional ideas that may have more than the usual degree of risk but will have unusually high scientific impact if they are successful.
For information about the NIH Director's Pioneer Award, click here.
For information about the NIH Director's New Innovator Award, click here.
- Career Opportunities with the Department of Health and Human Services
- If you are a physician in the clinical research program or the School of Medicine and are interested in a career opportunity as a medical officer in the Department of Health and Human Services, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), or the Division of Metabolism and Endocrinology Products (DMEP), click here for details.
- Burroughs Wellcome Fund Programs
For information about Burroughs Wellcome Fund Programs, click here.
- Doris Duke Clinical Scientist Development Award
The Doris Duke Clinical Scientist Development Award provides grants to junior physician-scientists to facilitate their transition to independent clinical research careers. For information, click here.