Predoctoral and Postdoctoral Fellowship in Clinical and Translational Research
The Institute for Clinical Research Education (ICRE) and the Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) are pleased to announce the availability of 1-year predoctoral and postdoctoral fellowship in clinical and translational research.
The fellowships are designed to encourage and support University of Pittsburgh students who wish to pursue a career in multidisciplinary clinical and translational research. The fellowships will provide a stipend, partial tuition, and some research support and will be awarded to outstanding candidates who are from the schools of the health sciences or any other graduate department within the University and are engaged in clinical research or translational research.
Fellowship program components:
- Involvement in a research project that meets the National Institutes of Health (NIH) definition of clinical or translational research.
- Involvement with research mentors from at least two disciplines, at least one of whom is from a school of the health sciences.
- MD/PhD students who have completed at least 2 years of medical school.
- Medical students who have completed at least 3 years of medical school and who want to spend 1 year (between their third and fourth year of medical school) conducting mentored clinical or translational research. (Students are eligible to apply if they are in the Clinical Scientist Training Program or if they are medical students at the University of Pittsburgh and are applying for a Doris Duke Clinical Research Fellowship Program – Clinical Scientist Training Program for Medical Students.)
- Doctoral students who are enrolled in one of the schools of the health sciences or any other graduate department within the University, who are involved in or wish to be involved in clinical or translational research, and who have passed their qualifying examinations and are primarily engaged in research.
- Students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- An online application.
- A 2-page research proposal describing the applicant's research interests, career goals, and proposed research project.
- An NIH-style biographical sketch of the applicant.
- A letter from a minimum of two mentors.
- An NIH-style biographical sketch of each of the mentors.
- A nomination letter from the applicant's department chair or dean.
Click here to apply online.
Applications are due on January 31st.
For additional information or answers to questions, contact:
Institute for Clinical Research Education
200 Meyran Avenue, Suite 300
Pittsburgh, PA 15213