Applicants from a variety of disciplines and all of the schools of the health sciences are encouraged to apply for the KL2-CRSP. Each applicant must meet several eligibility requirements.
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen or noncitizen national or must have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence and possess an Alien Registration Receipt Card (I-151 or I-155) or some other verification of legal admission as a permanent resident. Individuals on temporary or student visas are not eligible.
- The applicant must have a clinical doctorate or PhD degree or its equivalent at the time of application to the program.
- The applicant must be able to commit at least 75% of his or her full-time professional effort to the KL2-CRSP and its related clinical research activities.
- The applicant may be or have been a principal investigator (PI) of NIH R03 and R21 grants or non-PHS equivalents at the time of application. Applicants cannot have been a PI on an NIH research grant (such as R01, R29, or P01) or a non-NIH equivalent to these grants. The applicant may have had support from a National Research Service Award (F or T) or an NIH small grant (R03).
- The applicant may not have another K award pending.
- The applicant must have or plan to obtain an affiliation with a University of Pittsburgh center, institute, or laboratory that will provide an excellent environment for research.
- The applicant must be committed to developing a clinical research career. Note that individuals who are planning a career in basic science research or animal research are NOT eligible for the KL2-CRSP. For a definition of clinical research, click here.
- For faculty who have a K award currently under review, but are interested in the KL2-CRSP should their K award not be funded, please send a two page letter of interest that includes 1) brief information on the pending K application (K series, funding agency, review date, etc); 2) a brief description of training plan; and 3) aims for the proposed research with a brief discussion of the approach. Send the letter of interest to email@example.com.
<< Back to Application Process